Monday, January 21, 2013

Art runs in my family and my uncle owes me a unicorn.



I was but an Above Average lad of nine or so and I went to Puerto Rico to visit my grandma and my uncle. He was and is a very interesting man, so it was always fun to see my uncle. My Grandma was less interesting because she was very old and didn't really do much or speak English. I didn't speak Spanish, so my uncle was the more interesting of the two.

My uncle sculpts wood. He sculpts wood real good (Poetry). I guess he has a gimmick he's been following for a while. He sculpts these really nice wooden Unicorn heads. They are about 5 feet tall or so and they look really nice.

When I was young and adorable my uncle promised me I could have one of his unicorns. I have never received my unicorn to this day and I am growing bitter about it. Just because someone grows up and ceases to be a cute and adorable kid does not give a person the right to renege on a verbal contract.

Uncle Johnny I want my Mother !@#$ing unicorn! I'm coming for you old man!

Check out some of my uncle, JUAN HERNANDEZ's work.
You can always see my Above Average work at www.aboveaverageart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment