
One of my first projects at SCAD was in drawing I, was to draw a bouquet of dried flowers on the wall that our professor had. We could put them anywhere on the page and use whatever other materials we would like. I decided to leave them upside down and create a rain effect elsewhere. I stained the background with tea bags, and used tape to create rain drops. I then sprinkled charcoal over the top, and peeled off the tape to create the rain effect. Then I thought that the roses looked washed out, so I used watercolor and painted only a few roses, and an obvious red drop to draw the viewers eye around the whole piece. In the end it does create a disheartening effect, because I wanted the viewer to feel sorrow and remember back to a time that they wish they could have back and change something in their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment